How It Works
After a quick installation that usually takes 10 minutes SureTrackGPS is ready to receive satellite coordinates, transmit them and respond to commands via GSM technology.
The client has access and control of the system 24/7 to interact with his vehicle remotely using a password-secure website or by using a cell phone. At the time of the account activation a telephone number will be registered to gain access to the control panel to use the SureTrackGPS functions and to receive notifications. All the commands available on the website are available via telephone.
To access the control panel log onto the website or call the access number provided.
The home screen will provide a summary of the owner’s information including amount of credits available.
By clicking on the vehicle description (usually a long number) you will gain access to the vehicle command and history screen.
To look at the history of vehicle click on View history and a new screen will display all the commands and actions performed by SureTrackGPS.
The vehicle command screen is where all the parameters for action and commands are set up. Each command requires a prepaid credit unit included with the device or purchased as needed.
Features of SureTrackGPS are as follows:
- Arm/Unlock: Send command to arms alarm system and locks doors – when installed.
- Disarm/unlock: Send command to disarm alarm system and unlock doors – when installed.
- Curfew: normal state is OFF but can be turned ON; The Curfew Operating Hours Parameter determines the time of day the Vehicle Control Module will toggle between the Allowed Hours security operations and it's After Hours Curfew operations. All times are programmed based upon 24 hour local time. It will send a text message or e-mail when curfew is broken.
- Destination: The Destinations feature notifies you when your vehicle enters or leaves an area you specify. You can define up to 10 destination areas, and receive notifications when your teen arrives, departs, or both.
- Add Destination: Prompts you to define destination names and locations.
- Geo Fence: normal state is OFF but can be turned ON and parameters set; The Geo-Fence Radius Parameter determines the maximum distance the Vehicle may be driven away from the Activation Location before the Vehicle Control Module will trigger it's Automated Notification that the vehicle has left the allowed travel area.
- Locate: This command retrieves the current location of vehicle and will be displayed on a map.
- Low battery: normal state is OFF but can be turned ON; The Low Battery Parameter is used to specify the Voltage Threshold at which the system will report that the vehicle's battery has dropped below the specified Battery Voltage. Notification for this event is provided by telephone and e-mail.
- Remote start: this command will start the engine and can be very useful in cold climate that requires one to warm up the car in the winter.
- Speed Alert: normal state is OFF but can be turned ON; The Speed Alert Parameter is used to specify the Speed Threshold at which the system will report that the vehicle is exceeding the maximum permitted travel speed. Notification for this event is provided by telephone and e-mail.
- Starter interrupt: normal state is OFF but can be turned ON; used to preclude or stop unauthorized use of vehicle - when installed
- Theft reset: will reset normal operation of car after a starter interrupt intervention used against a theft or unauthorized use of vehicle.
- Trip Auto Report: Normal state is OFF but can be turned ON and parameters set. The Auto Report™ Parameters are used to configure the automatic reporting of your vehicle's location at regular intervals each time the vehicle is driven. Report messages include Trip Start, Stationary Vehicle and Trip End messages. This information is recorded on the Vehicle Event History page. Interval: Sets the frequency at which the vehicle will report its position. Duration: Defines the length of time you want the feature to remain active. Notification for this event is provided by telephone and e-mail.
- Unlock only: command to unlock car in case keys were locked inside or similar circumstances where Keys are not available.
The account screen is where owner’s information can be set up or revised on the account screen.
The billing screen display The ACCOUNT AND BILLING INFORMATION details all current and past Service Plan and Usage Upgrade charges and payments on your account listed by Vehicle Description and Billing Period.